Google Plus for Business has gone live for users all around the world. The news was announced on Nov 7th 2011 in the Official Google Blog. Features like Hangout and Circles are also available in the page. In addition to that the users who has +1ed your page will be classified to Following, Customers, VIPs and Team members.
What are the default types of user segmentation provided by Google Plus?
Following: People who you don't know personally, but whose posts you find interesting.
Customers: All the people or organisations that you want to build deeper relationships with
VIPs: Your most loyal customers and closest partners
Team members: The people you'll share the inside scoop with
What are the Differences between Google Pages and Profiles?
- Pages don’t have the option to share to ‘Extended circles’
- The default privacy setting for elements on your page profile is public
- Pages can’t add people to circles until the page is added first or mentioned
- Pages can be made for a variety of different entities whereas profiles can only be made for people
- Pages have the +1 button
- Pages can’t +1 other page, nor can they +1 stuff on the Web
- Pages don’t receive notifications via email, text, or in the Google bar
- Pages can’t hangout on a mobile device.
What are the various types of pages that a user can create in Google Plus?
- Local Business or Place
- Product or Brand
- Company, Institution or Organization
- Arts, Entertainment or Sports
How different is Local Page compared to others?
On creating the Local Business or Place, you will be prompted to enter a verifiable phone number. If you have already verified your phone for listing in Google Places then the location will be automatically shown in the next screen (like below)
Otherwise you have to verify the code sent to your phone number
What are the downsides of Google plus Page when compared to Facebook page?
1. No Vanity url like facebook.com/f1gmat
2. No support for multiple administrators. The user who created the page will be the administrator by default
3. Anyone can create a page for a brand. Although user verification is strictly followed, smaller brands have to be aware of fake profile creators.
Can we access Google Plus page in search?
Yes you can access Google Plus page using the "+" prefix like:
Where can I get assistance in managing Google Plus pages and our other social media accounts?
Please fill this form. Feel free to call us – India (Ph): +91 9497189032, UK (Ph): +44 (0)20-3371-9976 or US (Ph): +1 650-491-0004